Colorado Springs Dryer Vent Cleaning
Cleaning our home comes with a check list, and the dryer vent normally does not make the cut. In actuality, this is probably one of the first places we should clean for both energy and safety purposes.
Here are some basic facts about your dryer vent…
- It let’s out hot, moist air.
- It is a major source of energy waste.
- 1/3 of lint gets clogged in the vent.
- It can be a major fire hazard if it is not maintained.
Three things can happen if our vents are not properly cleaned:
- When a dryer vent is clogged, it resists the heat flow and this can cause the dryer to overheat. This can lead to shortened appliance lifespan and an increase in repair costs.
- A build of of lent in the vent causes the dryer to lose its energy efficiency. When heat has the inability to enter the dryer, it causes the user to run the dryer more then once on one single load. Meaning more unneeded energy!
- Excess heat builds up from a blocked vent can cause a dryer to catch fire!
For many reasons, our vent should be cleaned regularly, but here are three tips to ensure your dryer keeps its efficiency:
- Avoid fabric softener sheets. These sheets release a film into the exhaust making the lint thick and sticky. This causes the lint to build up at a quicker rate.
- Do not overload your dryer. This causes excess lint to pass the trap and build in the vent.
- Inspect your vents. Examine the outside end of your dryer vent, if you see excess lint on the outside this can be a sign of a build up.
Do not allow your vents to build up, make it apart of your regular cleaning routine! Call Bee- Kleen of Colorado Springs and schedule your dryer vent cleaning. (719) 597-5559
Like us on Facebook for more tips and trades to perfecting your cleaning routine!